The freezer working properly and the fridge getting faulty is one of the most frustrating refrigerator problems you may face. Usually, when a freezer is cold, the fridge should also be cold. To fix this problem, you first need to know why this is happening.
Reasons why the freezer is cold while the fridge is warm
● Too much stuff packed in the freezer.
● Too much frost on the evaporator coils. This makes it hard for air to pass through them and get cold.
● The defrost thermostat is defective.
● Defective defrost timer. When a defrost timer is properly working, it provides power to the heating element and the cooling element. When it is stuck on the heating element, it can make your fridge get warm.
● The evaporator fan is not working properly; hence there is no cold air circulation in the fridge.
● It may be a damper control assembly. The damper control assembly regulates the cold airflow from the freezer to the fridge section. If it gets defective, the fridge may not get cold enough.
● The thermistor is not working properly; therefore, the refrigerator is not monitoring the correct temperature. It, therefore, continues to cool or stop cooling.
How to fix the problems
Ensure proper airflow
Check at how you have arranged stuff in your freezer. If they are too much and blocking the vents, ensure you reduce them to open up and allow proper and enough airflow to the fridge.
Ensure your evaporator fan is working correctly
The evaporator fan is located behind the back wall of the freezer. Ensure it can spin freely and that there is no dust or debris, making it hard to spin. Sometimes cleaning this part will make your refrigerator work properly.
If your evaporator fan is still not working, you should call for a technician to replace this part.
Check your defrost system.
If frost is building up in some parts of your fridge, like the freezer or at the back of the refrigerator freezer, you may be having a default defrost system.
We recommended that you call for an expert to take care of this problem. Although your freezer will normally be working under this condition, the fridge may get warm.
Check the damper control assembly.
The air damper opens up to regulate the cold airflow in the refrigerator component. If it does not function properly, the fridge will not get warm.
You can check the thermistor using the multimeter. The thermistor resistance should change hand in hand with the temperature of the refrigerator. If the resistance does not change or has no continuity, the thermistor should be replaced.
Time to call Irving Refrigerator repair, Tx
In most cases, when the freezer is cold but the fridge is warm, the issue is best left for the professionals. If the above recommendations do not solve the problem, call us at (972) 200-9519.